Skip to Main Content
Get started
Registering a company

Who is the Sole Trader service not suitable for?

Our Sole Trader packages aren’t suitable for you if:

  • You have already registered your business at HMRC and do not want to protect your company name.
  • You want to reserve your business name at Companies House but would like your details as the director. In this instance we recommend that you register a Limited Company instead. If you register with Duport we can still complete all your filing for you if you opt to use our filing service for 59.99 per annum.
  • You plan to start trading as a LTD company in the next few months (in which case we recommend registering as a LTD now).
  • You are not worried about someone else trading using your business name and you are happy to register directly with HMRC yourself.
  • You do not require our start up support and do not want to receive your industry guide.
  • You want to reserve your business name but want the company to be registered in Scotland.

Other Registering a company FAQs