Duport Associates Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website (www.duport.co.uk), and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- "Account" means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
- "Cookie" means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of our site and/or when you use certain features of our site. Details of the Cookies used by our site are set out in Part 14, below; and
- "Cookie Law" means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
2. Information About Us
Our site is owned and operated by Duport Associates Ltd. Registered in England under company number 03479577.
Registered address: 2nd Floor, 5 High St, Westbury on Trym, Bristol, BS9 3BY
VAT number: 771850219.
Data Protection Officer: Rebecca Dawe.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 0117 950 2667
Postal Address: 2nd Floor, 5 High St, Westbury on Trym, Bristol, BS9 3BY
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the "GDPR") as 'any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier'.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
5. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 15.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner's Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.
6. What Data Do We Collect?
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Business name;
- Job title;
- Mother's maiden name or Father's first name
- For the registration of sole traders we collect National Insurance Number.
- Payment information
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- A list of URLs you visit starting with a referring site, then your activity on our site.
7. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to our site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our site;
- Supplying our products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email and/or post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe from our Mailchimp list or opt-out at any time by sending an email to email@example.com).
- Analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message, and post with information, news, and offers on our products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by phone, e-mail or SMS with information about the services which were the subject of a previous sale to you.You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
8. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reasons for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
Any data that is not required for legal reasons eg HMRC etc is only retained while we share an
ongoing service obligation either to provide you with support or to remind you to renew your service. If your account remains open and we do not receive any contact from you for 18 months then your account will be closed and your data deleted.
If you are required to send ID to comply with anti-money laundering regulations - AML Legislation, we are required to retain records for seven years after ceasing to provide the service. This data is GDPR Compliant and secure on a server in the UK. It is never shared nor sold.
9. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data within the European Economic Area (the "EEA"). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
Please contact us using the details below in Part 15 for further information about the particular data protection mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data to a third country.
The security of your personal data is essential to us, and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
- Data protection policy
- IT security policy
- Staff training
- Share and access controls
- Correct physical and technical security, backed up by robust policies and procedures
- Ready to respond to any breach of security swiftly and effectively
10. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply certain products AND/OR services. These may include payment processing, delivery, and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
Where you request to be contacted through our Freebies Referral Service you confirm that you agree to your details being submitted on your behalf. These companies will use your details to contact you directly. The details we supply are: Name, Address, Telephone Number, Email address and Business Name and Number. Where you request to be contacted by a third party you are agreeing to your details being submitted on your behalf and to being contacted directly by the third party company.
The Business Insurance service. Where you request an insurance quote through Referral Service you confirm that you agree to your details being submitted on your behalf to Business insurance Line who is a trading style of Reach Insurance Services Ltd, 101 Wellsway, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 1HZ
Business Insurance Line (BIL) are an Insurance Broker who specialise in providing insurance for small businesses. To enable them to provide this service to you they need to gather than maintain some personal data about you and your business, including, for example, your name, address, date of birth and information relating to your business. BIL will share your personal information with a number of insurance providers to enable them to provide a quote for your insurance.
BIL are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and registered with the Information Commissioner's Office.
If you are ordering a registered office or company secretary service, acceptance of these terms and conditions means that you make and accept the following statement, which is necessary for Money Laundering Regulations compliance: "You may undertake a search with Credit Safe for the purposes of verifying my identity. To do so CreditSafe may check the details I supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use my details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained."
Barclays Business Bank Account Referral Service. Where you request a bank account through The Business Bank Account Referral Service you confirm that you agree to your details being submitted on your behalf to Barclays Bank plc and to being contacted directly by Barclays Bank plc for the purposes of fulfilling the bank account request. Where you request a bank account through The Business Bank Account Referral Service on behalf of a third party for whom you are making a company formation application, you confirm that the third party has agreed to their details being submitted on their behalf to Barclays Bank plc and to being contacted directly by Barclays Bank plc for the purposes of fulfilling the bank account request. The Business Bank Accounts are opened by and provided by Barclays Bank plc and subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by Barclays at the time of account opening.
Domain and Hosting registration. Duport acts as an agent for you the client with regard to domain name registration and hosting and enters into contracts with Heart Internet Ltd, 2 Castle Quay, Castle Boulevard, Nottingham,NG7 1FW and BB Online UK Ltd, 183a Icknield Way, Luton, Beds, LU3 2JL. Both companies publish their privacy policies on their websites.
Brass Name Plates and Company Seals. Name plates and company seals are produced by City Company Seals Ltd, 5 Mentmore Terrace, London Fields, London, E8 3PN.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party's obligations under the law, as described above in Part 9.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
11. How Can I Control My Personal Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via our site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails.
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service, the Corporate Telephone Preference Service, and the Mailing Preference Service. These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
12. Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of our site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
13. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a "subject access request".
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is 'manifestly unfounded or excessive' (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
16. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
For the attention of Rebecca Dawe
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone number: 0117 950 2667.
Postal Address: 2nd Floor, 5 High St, Westbury on Trym, Bristol, BS9 3BY.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.